Find all upcoming INAS events and competitions for athletes with an intellectual impairment here.
- World and regional Championships – INAS organises world, regional and smaller competitions for all of the sports on its programme. World and regionals are held on two and four year cycles depending on the sport. These are known as ‘INAS Championships’.
- Global Games – The INAS Global Games are held every four years and act as the World Championships for each sport featured.
- Other competitions – INAS also recognises other competitions where the results will go towards the world rankings. They may also be recognised as part of the development of the sport. These are know as ‘sanctioned events’.
Aguascalientes, Mexico, will host the 2017 INAS Swimming Championships – the first time the event has been held in the Americas region.
Aguascalientes 2017 will feature a full long course programme of strokes, distances and relays. The competition will be held at the Alberta Olimpica swimming pool.
An application for World Para Swimming sanctioning has been submitted.
- 20.6.2017 – MQS for athletes with Downs Syndrome (trial event) have been amended following feedback from INAS Member Organisations
- 29.6.2017 – INAS regrets that the Open Water events have been removed from the programme following a site visit of the proposed venue. Unfortunately water temperatures at this time of year are likely to be well below safe-levels and therefore – for the safety of the athletes – these events have been removed from the programme.
- 26.7.2017 – The entry pack has been updated to clarify entry rules following feedback from the membership
Four cities in Sweden will host the 2018 INAS Football World Championships between 5-18 August.
Teams will play in two groups of four ahead of the semi-finals on 16 August and final on 18 August.
Group A features Sweden, France, Germany and Argentina. Saudi Arabia, Poland, Japan and Russia are in group B. All teams in group A will be awarded a 3-0 scoreline for fixtures against South Africa after their late withdrawal.
Photographs will be available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
INAS is delighted to launch a new Indoor Rowing competition for 2019. Athletes from across the INAS membership can participate by simply submitting a video of their performance.
INAS will maintain a weekly raking list of competitions with the winners being announced in early April.
We hope as many athletes will be take part in this inaugural competition, which provides an opportunity take part in international competition without the cost of travel.
To participate, athletes must:
- Hold a minimum of an INAS National Eligibility registration
- Hold a valid INAS competition licence (renewable on ISMS)
- Submit their performances through their INAS member organisation (athlete submissions sent directly to INAS will not be accepted)
We wish athletes every success in this inaugural event.