INAS has an opening for anyone with a passion for growing rowing for athletes with an intellectual impairment worldwide.
The INAS Rowing Committee organises World Championships and develops the sport. It now needs experienced people to take it to the next level.
Sports Committees lead and manage the INAS sport programme. In particular they are responsible for development and growth across all regions, all aspects of competition management, classification management (where applicable) and for fostering positive and mutually beneficial partnerships with International Federations.
Working collaboratively, Committee Members will manage the programme taking lead responsibility for agreed areas.
Key areas of responsibility
• To work collaboratively within the Rowing Committee whose responsibility is to coordinate and manage the INAS rowing programme
• To attend and actively participate in all meetings of the Committee
• To take responsibility for agreed tasks as designated by the Committee
• To attend events, acting as Technical Delegate where designated by the Committee
• To liaise with the local INAS Region to deliver the sport plan and priorities
Key skills and qualifications (competency)
• An excellent understanding of, and empathy for, sport for athletes with intellectual impairments and the para sport world
• Has excellent understanding of rowing and able to apply the rules fairly and consistently
• Good leadership skills and is able to work effectively within a team
• Excellent organisational, communication and administrative skills
• All INAS officials must make all decisions with absolute impartiality in the best interest of athletes, sport and the organisation
• All INAS officials must declare any potential conflict of interest and not act in association with any national or vested interest
• All INAS officials must not abuse their positions or capacity in obtaining advantages or benefits
• There must be no association with any agencies or persons that are inconsistent with the principles of the INAS movement and its ideals
• All INAS officials shall promote the INAS Code of Ethics by role modelling, peer monitoring and active peer support
• All relationships and activities with partners, supporters and sponsors must be done in the spirit of promoting INAS